Our services include:
As certified public accountants, we are responsible for the objective examination of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. Our audit philosophy includes understanding the key aspects of our clients' operations and the areas which are critical to their success and their ability to attain their goals.
Although the primary objective of an audit is the expression of an opinion on the fair presentation of the financial statements, we consider it important to develop suggestions and recommendations to assist management in improving the internal controls and efficiency of the organization.
When a client needs financial information presented in the form of financial statements and does not require the assurances provided by an audit or review, we may perform compilation services. These services are less expensive than an audit or review and can provide attractive financial reports for owners, board members, creditors, or others on an annual or interim basis.
Rayburn, Bates & Fitzgerald, P.C. provides a complete range of tax services. Our experienced tax professionals concentrate their practice on providing proactive tax advice to our clients. In addition to ensuring that businesses' operations are consistent with tax laws, and providing guidance in proper compliance with tax rules and regulations, our services include:
- Expertise in preparing the following tax returns:
- Federal, state and local returns for corporations, partnerships, nonprofit organizations, individuals
- Estate and gift
- Gross receipts
- Multi-state returns for corporations
- Employee benefit reporting
- Estimates and anticipated tax liabilities
- Planning strategies to minimize federal, state and local taxes for businesses and individuals
- Tax planning for mergers and acquisitions
- Taxpayer advocacy in dealing with taxing authorities.
- Corporations (for profit and not-for-profit)
- Payroll related
- Assistance with Internal Revenue Service examinations
- Agreed-upon procedures and other non-traditional engagements
- Bank director examinations
- Credit Union supervisory examinations
- Internal control reviews
- Internal audit services
- Regulatory reporting assistance
- Related to SEC engagements
- Financial institution clientele
- Adequacy of Life Insurance
- Allocation of Acquisition Price
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Procedures
- Charitable Contributions
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Financing Arrangements
- Franchise Valuation or Evaluation
- Gifting Programs
- Incentive Stock Option programs
- IRS Compromise Agreements
- Litigation Support
- Disruption of a Business
- Dissenting Shareholder Actions
- Divorce Settlements
- Economic Loss Analysis
- Partner Disputes
- Liquidation or Reorganization
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sale of a Business
- Succession Planning
- Maintaining journals, books of original entry, including the general journal, cash receipts and disbursements journals, the sales journal, and the purchase journal Posting journals to the general ledger Reconciling bank statements to the general ledger
- Analyzing expense accounts
- Adjusting and closing ledgers
- Preparing government reports
- Preparing federal, state and local payroll tax returns, including quarterly and year-end reports
- Peer reviews of other CPA firms
- Organizational considerations and formations
- Assistance in utilizing technology
- Review and design of internal control
- Preparation of business plans
- Financial administration services
- Bankruptcy compliance and reporting
- Cash flow analysis
- Marketing and pricing strategies
- Compensation planning
For clients having no requirement for an audit but desiring reliable financial information, we recommend a review in accordance with standards issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Rather than rendering an opinion on the financial statements, a review provides limited assurance that no material modifications are necessary for the financial statements to be in conformity with generally accepted accounting procedures.
A review is less expensive than an audit. The process of reviewing the financial statements also allows us to become familiar with the client’s operations and to offer suggestions.
Tax Compliance and Planning
Other attestation services
Business valuation services
There are many reasons for having a business valued. Establishing an accurate assessment of value for any business, enterprise or intangible asset requires in-depth, specialized knowledge.
As members of the AICPA's (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) Management Consulting Division and the NACVA (National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts), our trained and qualified valuation staff have experience in the preparation of business valuations for the following:
Our staff's varied experience and training in valuation theory and application, litigation support, accounting, tax, auditing, finance, insurance, economics and investments have prepared them to provide our clients with a comprehensive analysis and a competent valuation.
Small and emerging businesses services
Rayburn, Bates & Fitzgerald, P.C. can provide the accounting services unique to your business, and they are available to work in your office. Our services include:
For questions regarding special compensation, fringe benefits, which forms to update at year-end, bookkeeping related issues, payroll related issues, etc., a member of our Firm will be happy to help you.
Please give us a call at (615)661-7878 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retirement plan administration
Providing a competitive benefits package is essential in today's workplace. Specializing in small to mid-size employers, we offer complete retirement plan implementation and compliance services with a level of personal attention and professional management that provides exceptional value for our clients and their employees. We can assist you with tax sheltering by using a retirement plan, as well as exploring the option of providing new benefits to your employees at the lowest cost to your company.